We are pleased to hear that you are interested in staying abroad! There are many reasons to study abroad within the ERASMUS-program:
- Acquired certificates abroad are accepted in your German course of studies.
- You will improve your foreign language skills or acquire new ones.
- You will collect important advantages for your curriculum vitae.
- You will make contacts and collect ideas for your Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis.
- The Erasmus funding includes the study fees in the host country and a monthly financial support. In general it includes a free participation in a language course as well.
- The administrative effort incurred in other options for staying abroad is reduced by the ERASMUS-program.
- And last but not least you will get to know a new culture and many different people. You will gain important experience for yourself.
Partner universities of the Geographical Institute
Prag, Tschechien (Some courses of the SS are held in english)
Santiago de Compostela, Spanien
You would like to study at an european university which is not listed above? We would like to support you connecting with another partner university!
- The Department of Geography is handling the applications for the participation in the ERASMUS program for geography students. The application procedure for the coming winter semester and the summer semester of the following year is taking place in january. Please follow the Department´s announcements of the for the exact date.
- Here you can find an ERASMUS guide for students of Kiel University.
- The following application documents are required in digital and written form:
Cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcript of records, language skills and other skills
- Closing date for applications: The application documents have to be submitted until 17 January 2017 at Prof. Dr. Rainer Wehrhahn.
- Applications at the host universities will only take place after a successful application at the Department of Geography. You will receive more detailed information at the information event after your successful application.
- Here you can find all necessary forms (acceptance-agreement, learning-agreement, field report form etc.).
- The International Center (here) is responsible for the organization of the ERASMUS partnership along with the administration. There are experience reports of former ERASMUS students in the info room of the IC. Furthermore the IC offers information events for the ERASMUS program and regular ERASMUS consultation hours (held by Mrs. Volland and Mrs. Grunwald). Please do only visit the consultation hours if there are any questions left after the information events.
- Prof. Dr. Rainer Wehrhahn (office hours) is the ERASMUS program officer of the Geographical Institute. If you have specific questions he will do his best to answer them.
International Center der CAU Kiel
Studium im Ausland - International Center of the CAU
ERASMUS an der CAU
ERASMUS Mundus Seite des DAAD
BAföG-Beratung offered by AStA of the CAU